Monday, February 3, 2014

NYX Shine Killer Review

Hey all, Happy February! As promised, I'm here with the review for one of the new products I've been testing out. The product I'm posting about is the NYX Shine Killer. I first saw this product in Target when I was picking up some Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (on sale!) and I wanted to give it a shot since I was running out of the primers that I usually use. As someone with extremely oily skin, I don't normally have high expectations of primers. Even with the best of primers I still have to carry oil blotting sheets and mattifying face powder with me everywhere. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. It's a little on the pricey side (I'll put the price in the review below), but I think it's worth it if you struggle with trying to keep your skin matte. I will say this though as a word of advice, if you have oily skin, all face products you use, from your cleanser to your moisturizer to your foundation, need to be geared toward the specific needs of your skin. This means that they need to be oil-free and products specifically formulated for and to combat oily skin. This will help with your shine control goals. Ok, I've rambled on enough...sorry. Here is the review, hope it helps!



1. NYX Shine Killer (0.67 fl oz.), $12.99 (Target)

Site Description: "Your ultimate weapon in the war on shine. Smooth it on before your favorite foundation for a fresh, flawless, marvelously matte look that lasts and lasts. Wear it solo, too, for a naturally shine-free look."

Pros: No smell, light weight, controls shine very well, can be applied over makeup as well
Cons: Expensive, not a lot of product for price, still must use oil-blotting sheets after 8-9 hours of wear

Overall: I genuinely like this product. I was displeased with the price initially, because I'm super cheap, but I must say that so far I have been pleased with the product. A little bit goes a long way, you don't need to use tons to get the desired result. I have worn it under makeup, over makeup, and by itself, and each way has worked pretty well in terms of shine control. There's no offensive smell, it's clear and doesn't leave a whitish tint like several other oil-control primers that I've used (maybe due to powder particles in them) and it's light on my skin. It also doesn't settle into my fine lines, which I love. Like most products, it doesn't last all day. After about 8-9 hours a bit of shine starts to seep through and I have to use oil-blotting sheets, but so far it is the longest lasting oil control product I've used. The only thing I still don't like is the price, but it's worth it to have help with oily skin. I rate this product an 8.5 out of 10



If you decide to try this product out, please let me know how it works out for you! If you have any budget beauty products that you would like for me to review (makeup, skin care, hair care, and related items), please send your request to me at lindsi.green@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment