Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Nude/Neutral Lipsticks for Brown & Dark Skinned Women (All Under $5!)

Hey all! So I just wanted to show my 4 favorite neutral/nude lipsticks for brown and dark skinned women. Nude and neutral colors can be worn any time of year and never go out of style. Although this post is more geared toward darker skinned women, these colors also look great on fair skinned women if you're looking for soft tan or brown (depending on your complexion), bold, but natural looking shades! 

1. Nicka K (NK) Cosmetics, Natural #934, $1 (K's Beauty Supply Store)
This is a cool toned, gorgeous and moisturizing color infused with Vitamin E for softer, more moisturized lips! I would suggest a plum colored lip liner with this one to make the transition seamless. The finish is shiny, but not overly glossy or oily looking.

2. Wet n Wild MegaShield SPF 15 Lip Color, Ring Around the Rosy #365S, $3 (Walgreens)
This lipstick has a high shine finish, is very moisturizing, and has SPF 15 to protect your lips from the sun's rays. It's warm toned, so it's perfect for people like me with reddish undertones. I would suggest a plum or brown liner with this one, or feathering it gently at the edges of your lips for a smooth transition.

3. NYC New York Color Ultra Last Lipwear, Plum Rum #410 $3 (Family Dollar)
This shade is the darkest of the bunch and is my favorite for really deep, dark chocolate skin tones. It's great for all day wear and has a medium shine finish. I personally never wear liner with this one, it's just perfect!

4. Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color, Bare It All #902C, $1.20 (CVS)
This shade is the lightest out of them all, and the only one with a matte finish. I absolutely LOVE to wear this with a heavy smoky eye for a night out on the town. It doesn't smear and holds up well to food, drinks, and even kisses ;). I don't wear this without lip liner because of how light it is, but with liner it's the perfect matte nude for me!

That's all folks! If you get any of these colors and like them, or even if you hate them, let me know your thoughts! If you have any budget beauty products that you would like for me to review (makeup, skin care, hair care, and related items), please send your request to me at lindsi.green@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you! ;)

3 comments:

  1. 400 from NYC is doable too with the right liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I meant '440 - Creamy Caramel' ('439 - Love My Latte' is nice too).

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, I'll have to check those out! A plum or dark brown lip liner can make just about any lip color blend seamlessly.

      Delete