Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blushing Beauty! Favorite Drugstore Blushes


Hey everyone! I'm sorry for being gone for so long, but I'll be in with two posts today so hopefully you'll forgive me ;). In the past year or so, I have really fallen in love with blush. I used to think that blush wasn't something that women of color needed, but boy was I wrong! A hint of blush is a great way to liven up your face, create a youthful flush, or even to do a fierce editorial look! High end blushes can be very expensive, and that's why I love Walmart and drugstores! Here are my top 3 favorite blushes. Each of these companies sell a variety of colors that are of just as great quality of the ones I will list below. I chose these three because they work with every complexion from the very fair to deep ebony complexions. I have used each of them on my friends and family members when I have done their makeup, and the results have been beautiful each time! I will list them in order of price, from lowest to highest. Each of them have AMAZING color pay off and blend beautifully. This isn't a review, just a suggestion for affordable blushes that I think everyone will love!


Wet 'n Wild ColorIcon Blusher, 833E Mellow Wine, Walgreens - $2.99

  • This price is my personal favorite! The blush is very pigmented; however, the coverage is buildable. You can either do a very light application or a heavier one, depending on the look you're trying to achieve.

Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Blush, 8306 Toasted Almond, Walmart - $4.74


  • Out of all of the blushes, I use this one the most on myself. It's an absolutely beautiful, warm color that is very flattering on everyone, but especially on women of color with warm undertones. The color is intense, so if you purchase this, apply lightly and gradually build coverage.

Milani Baked Blush, 07 Fantastico Mauve, Walgreens - $8.49


  • Although this is the most expensive of the three, the money is well worth it. Very highly pigmented, so apply with a light hand, or you may end up overdoing it. It's a dusty rose color with fine sparkles, so pretty! I love using this on women with cool undertones. I wouldn't recommend on those with lots of acne on their cheeks, since sparkles and shimmer accentuate bumps and acne and make them much more noticeable.

* If you have any budget beauty products that you would like for me to review (makeup, skin care, hair care, and related items), please send your request to me at lindsi.green@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment