Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Eyeliner For $8 and Under

Hello everyone! It's been a while, but I'm back with a new post. This one is a review of 4 eyeliners that I really like that can be found in drugstores and stores such as Walmart, etc. I'm very picky when it comes to pencil eyeliners, because I have oily skin that can sometimes muddle the liner up and have it looking an oily, smudgy mess. However, there are 4 eyeliners that I really like and that I find have great lasting power. They are as follows: Almay Amazing Lasting Eye Pencil, Black Radiance Eye Appeal Eyeliner, CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus, and LA Colors Eyeliner/Brow Pencil. Below I will include pictures and an in-depth review of each product, as well as the price I paid for them. Enjoy!





1. Almay Amazing Lasting Eye Pencil, $7.49 (Walmart)

Site description: "Lasts up to 16 hrs. Won't smudge. Beautifully defines eyes for up to 16 hours. Water-resistant and smudge-proof. Vitamin E nourishes and protects. Removes easily with eye makeup removers. Hypoallergenic. Good for contact lens wearers. Made in Italy."

Pros: Lasts VERY long time, great color pay off, self-sharpening
Cons: Pricey

Overall: This liner is my absolute favorite, hands down. It's easy to use, self-sharpening, long lasting (it lasted longer than 16 hours for me), and perfect to use even as a a brow pencil, which I often to. It doesn't smudge, and stands up well to my oily skin. If it were cheaper I'd give it a 10 lol, but because of the price I give this a 9 out of 10.

2. Black Radiance Eye Appeal Eyeliner, $3.00 (Family Dollar)

Site description: "Easy to blend formula glides on gently, will not tug or pull. The smooth formula creates clean precise liens for a daytime look or smudges for a more sultry look. Can also use as an eye shadow."

Pros: Affordable, easy to blend, self-sharpening
Cons: Smudges slightly

Overall: This liner is perfect for a sultry, sexy smoky eye. It glides on easily, even over eyeshadow, and has maintains a really great point due to the self-sharpening feature. However, if you're looking for an extremely neat line, this may not be the liner for you. This works best when smudged for a hot smoky, cat eye sort of look. I give it an 8.5 out of 10.

3. CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner, $5.00 (Family Dollar)

Site description: "The pencil gives you control and versatility. Want a precise line? It glides on easily. Want to soften a bit? There's a soft smudger tip. Best of all? No sharpening necessary, it's got a specially designed self-sharpener inside. So you always get the point perfectly."

Pros: Awesome dark color, self-sharpening, easy to create dramatic looks with
Cons: Self-sharpening tip looks confusing

Overall: Love the eyeliner! It does.exactly what it says and is also water resistant (not waterproof, that's different). However, I do not like the self-sharpener. The plastic part attached to it does not allow the pencil to get as sharp as I prefer my eyeliner to be, so I always have to use concealer to sharpen up the edges since I do a cat eye look 9 times out of 10. However, if you don't do a cat eye look often, like me, I think you would really enjoy it. I give this liner a 7.5 out of 10.

4. LA Colors Eyeliner/Brow Pencil, $1.00 (Family Dollar)

Site description: "Extra ordinary smooth formula defines & accentuates eyes beautifully. Choose from our amazing color collection. A must-have beauty essential!"

Pros: Neat, smudge resistant, very dark color, well priced
Cons: Must be sharpened after each usage

Overall: My only complaint is that I have to sharpen the pencil every time I use it, which causes the pencil to run out pretty quickly. Other than that, I like it. It's long lasting, doesn't smudge, and the price is great! Overall, I give it an 8 out of 10.


That's all folks! Hope you have found this quick review of these products helpful. If you buy any of them and like them, please let me know! Thanks for taking your time and reading. If you have any budget beauty products that you would like for me to review (makeup, skin care, hair care, and related items), please send your request to me at lindsi.green@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you I will have to try them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Feel free to let me know which one was your personal favorite if you do :)

      Delete